Sunday, December 2, 2007

Day 4 - The Olivia Adventure


We have made it a whole 4 days as semi parents! I am very proud of us. Semi because the birth parents haven't signed the waiver form yet due to the weekend and Olivia is in the NICU, so we still haven't had those infamous midnight feedings yet. So far we have given her a bath, fed and held her.

Livvy is doing better. She has gained some weight back (she now weighs 5 lbs, 4 and 2/3 oz.), her color is good and her bilirubin is still up but no one is worried b/c she is older. I have no idea why, it keeps going up but, well, I'll leave it to the professionals.

Livvy was so cute today. She was up and awake, staring at Trent as he held her. She really looked like she was enjoying the sound of his voice. It didn't last too long, within about 20 minutes she was sleepy again. It was the longest that i had seen her awake. We tried to feed her with a bottle at that point but she quickly fell asleep and was only able to eat about 15 ml, the rest had to be given through her feeding tube.

5 comments:

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

Oh my heck!! SHE IS SO CUTE!!! I am so excited for you guys...what an exciting time for you!

CONGRATS!!

-Aubre Barnhart

Cary & Katrina Sanders said...

She is beautiful!! We will be checking in for new news and pictures.
We are SO happy and excited for you!

Anonymous said...

She looks wonderful. I hope she continues to gain weight so she can come home soon! Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

She looks so pretty!! We can't wait to see her. Let us know when you get to take her home.

Anonymous said...

Wow...she is adorable! We are so excited for both of you. Keep us up to date!