Well as May is coming to a close, I thought that I would finally update our blog. We have had a busy month. Graduations, family visits preparing to move. I don't know of a day where we didn't have something planned.
Trent graduated on May 10th. That was a very exciting day for us. It was wonderful to finally have four years of hard work finally over. Both of our parents, my brother and grandmother were able to come. Our house was very full. At night we could hardly walk around but we really enjoyed having everyone there.
I also had the very rare experience of having both mothers and my grandmother in one place for Mother's Day. Trent and I really loved being able to celebrate Mother's Day with them in person. Neither of us can remember the last time we were with them for that day. We had 4 generations of girls together that day!
We have been spending the last week and a half looking for a home. Finding a home is sooo stressful and tiring. In the first three days we looked at over 80 houses. All of them started to look the same. We did find the perfect house but it is in foreclosure. We found out today that it would probably take at least 3 months to hear back about our offer. That is too long, so tomorrow we start all over again looking at those same house again. Luckily, we won't look at all 80 of them. Thanks goodness!
I have finally realized that my baby is not such a baby anymore. While Trent and Iwere out celebrating our 7 year anniversary (I still can't believe it has been 7 years!), Iwatched a new mom walking a brand new baby up and down the floor of the waiting area at the Melting Pot. I just couldn't believe that Livvy was that small only 6 months ago. The time has really flown. In just two weeks, we go to court to finalize our adoption. Just to think that this time last year we were hearing that we had almost been placed with a baby but it fell through.
As Livvy gets closer to 6 months, she is really making all kinds of big leaps in her development. It feels like overnight she grasps some new ability. Livvy really enjoys eating solid food. She eats breakfast and dinner with bottles for snacks almost everyday. I think that she would eat her solid food all day if i let her. I don't think that I am quite ready for that. Livvy is beginning to show all of the signs of rolling over. She rolls to her side quite frequently. We are just waiting to come in and find her screaming because she is on her tummy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment