Friday, September 11, 2009

June, July and August

June
Nothing really happened. We all came down with the stomach flu, I turned 29, and Livvy went to nursery for the first time (happy dance) and decided that this was the month that she would finally walk. We were so happy that she finally did walk, we forgot to get it on camera. Some parents. We did buy Livvy a slide/swing toy for the outside too which she loved.


My pregnancy continued to go well. We went to the OBGYN for the first time on the 11th. She confirmed our due date for Jan. 12. You know it is always scary to go in, not knowing what to expect and hear "lets find out if it is a baby or not". My Mid-wife said that as she prepared for the ultra sound and my heart just stopped for a moment. That was my biggest fear that i had imagined the whole thing. There was a baby and it looked just like Eve off of WALL-E.


For Father's Day, we gave Trent his gift, a grilling apron with utensils that reminded him that he was "Hot Stuff".

July
We went to the amusement park a couple of times. Livvy, our little dare devil, loved the rides.


The Fourth was fun, if cold. I had to buy maternity clothes for the first time. We went to a pinic with the family and froze watching the Fireworks that night.


Livvy and I took a trip to Utah so that I could go shopping at IKEA. I decided to designate an official play room in the house, buy a real desk and several bookcases. I was nervous about driving the whole way by myself with Livvy but she did great. Actually, she slept most of the way or jabbered about what she saw. We had a great time, visiting with family and I enjoyed shopping.

My mom stopped for a visit on her way back from Utah at the end of the month.  She helped me finish painting Livvy's room, put together 2 bookcases and my desk from IKEA.  I started to feel like I was a slave driver but she really wanted to do it.  She really helped me start on putting together my front room and start on the play room.


Livvy wanted to show off for her Nonnie and climbed into the shower fully dressed! I guess she wanted us to know that she could take a shower by herself.

August

Last month felt extremely busy, but I don't remember what we did really.  I hate months like that! As I think about it, nothing really happened in August.  I continued to grow bigger and the baby much more active.  It seems as if he doesn't stop moving until I start.  Livvy was her usually precocious self, smiling her silly smile all month to get out of trouble.  At one point, I started counting to 3.  I said 1 and she said 2 and grinned.  That was it, I busted up laughing in the middle of Target. I am sure everyone thought I had lost it.You know pregnant mom with a toddler in the basket, stopped in the middle of the aisle laughing. She had no idea that she was in trouble and I had no idea that she knew 2 came after 1!


Here are all of the cousins in Colorado at a family dinner, eating their ice cream, at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! Congratulations, Redfearns! SO happy for you!