Monday, September 14, 2009
Ode to Tippy
Today was a hard day. We said good bye to Tippy, our dog of 3 years. No, she didn't die. We surrendered her to the Denver Dumb Friends League, a no kill animal shelter, this afternoon. After much consideration, we decided that she deserved a better life that what we were giving her. She never fully made the adjustment to Livvy and being second in the family. With another baby on the way and not enough time to spend walking her now, she needed a new home. It was very hard for me to take her and drop her off. I think I cried on the way there, during the whole process and for about 20 minutes afterwards. I am still a little teary when I stop and think about it.
Tippy was the dog that was always happy to see us, got way to excited for walks and always wanted attention. She never met anyone she didn't like or didn't like her and seemed to smile at everyone. We hope that she finds a home where she can be babied like she deserves. We will miss her and always hold a special place in our hearts for her. Good Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm sure that was hard. If we were closer, maybe we could have taken him for you. Our boys are DYING to get a dog. Maybe you can try again in a few years, when your boy is ready to wear a dog out, bouncing off the walls.
That was sooooo sad Courtney!! You made me cry....of course that's not hard to do these days, I cry at everything. I hope you are doing okay and she will find a good loving home. It's always hard to say good bye to pets especially when they are like family.
Awww...that's so sad. I'm thinking of you and hope that she'll find a good home soon.
don't feel too bad. We did the same thing to Kelty for the same reasons back in Feb. Congrats on the pregnancy!
Post a Comment